Some of my favourite dishes I whipped up during February.
Charred Avocado and Fried Eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1-2 large free-range eggs
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Slice the red pepper and spring onions into fine strips. Then grab your avocado, remove the stone, peel and chop into large chunks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the spring onions, avocado and pepper and fry for 4 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- Using a peeler, peel the skin from the sweet potato, then continue peeling into fine ribbons. Add to the pan, tossing with the charred veg, and fry for another 4 minutes, or until the sweet potato ribbons start to char.
- Spread the veg evenly in the pan, then use the back of a spoon to make a small hole. Crack an egg into it, then tilt the pan so the whites run into the veg and bind everything together.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover with a lid or tin foil, then reduce the heat to low and let the eggs cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolks.