Pink and Black




Crop top- Primark £3.00 // Skirt- Mum's// Socks- Primark £1.50// Shoes- Boohoo £18// Necklace- Gift

I found this interesting little quote on instagram by Yohji Yamamoto: 'Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy- but mysterious.' This pretty much summed up why I used to dress head to toe in black. Maybe it was because I was quite a shy teenager growing up in a small little town in South Wales. Wearing all black was sort of a saviour for me; it allowed me to feel like I blended in in a place where I felt like I stood out like a sore thumb. This might be hard to believe as my past outfit posts have all been bright, colourful and clashing printed garments that have been finished off with on trend statement accessories. As I left school and went away for university, I enjoyed and appreciated fashion even more. I've enjoyed exploring different trends and styles that captivate me and allow me to express my emotions.

Anyway, apologies for that. I don't usually share such personal and thoughtful things on here haha. So on to this outfit. This lovely little baggy crop top was a perfect steal from Primark at just £3. You know I love a good bargain! I decided to team it with this gorgeous pink and black plaid skirt which belongs to my mum. I am so happy that plaids and tartan are in for A/W. Such a patriotic and lovely look that you can have some fun dressing up and down with. As it's getting a little chillier I decided to wear my frilly socks (also from Primark for £1.50- hey bargain #2)! You know this outfit wouldn't be complete without a statement piece of accessory. 

Thank you to my lovely boyfriend for taking these pictures :)

Hope you're having a lovely evening.

Ruth x

6 comments:

  1. That's such a nice quote, sometimes it is soothing just to dress in all black when you're just in "one of those" moods! You look lovely, I love that skirt

    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is gorgeous, you wear it so well! And I love the shoes. I'll probably try and hunt a pair down xxx

    http://bohobun.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always drawn to black, it's the easiest to style! You look great here, I adore your skirt and necklace! I love your little socks with your wedges too, a style I have yet to conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes and necklace, so cute!

    Hayfa
    http://londonloafers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love your tartan skirt, the necklace and the socks.. Basically everything! Looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete