Lessons We Can Learn From Ellie Philpotts


Ellie is one of my favourite people. This girl is smart, funny, ambitious and so easy to get along with. We recently marked our first catch up of the year over yummy brunch at Stag Coffee (a sweet little place on Crwys road that I've been dying to visit for a while) and I've documented segments of our conversation that have truly inspired me. I've kept this post nice and short so read on :)




Ellie's ambitious nature radiates as soon as you talk to her. Juggling the array of assignments and dissertation prep that comes with being a 3rd year English Literature and Journalism student doesn't stop her from writing articles for several publications based in and around Cardiff. 'I just want to make the most of every opportunity that comes my way.' 

What would you tell your 16 year old self?

To find your passion and just keep working on it. It's okay to not be a clone and to just embrace whatever it is that makes you different.

What pushes you outside your comfort zone?

I would say moving to a new city (from Kidderminster) inspired me to say 'yes' to new things. There's a real community feel in Cardiff and lots of inspiration even in less-than-obvious places. Eventually you realise that life is too short to not break out of your comfort zone, because you never know where it might lead you.


What was the last book you read?

Ha! The Sword in the Stone, but it was for uni! 

What was the last film you watched that made an impact?

The 33 (a biographical film based on the 2010 mining disaster in which 33 Chilean miners were trapped underground when a copper and gold mine collapsed).
The film reiterated how we don't have a say on what happens to us, but we can control how we choose to react.

Ellie and I relayed personal tales of how our reactions to certain incidents have changed as we've gotten older, but let's save that for another day, eh?



You can follow Ellie on Instagram and Twitter. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment